COVID 19 PREPAREDNESS PLAN
COVID 19 PREPAREDNESS PLAN FOR THE PILATES BODY
Reopen Date: Monday, June 1st
The Pilates Body is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our Clients and Trainers. To ensure that, we have developed the following Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID‐19 pandemic. Pilates Body employees have the full support of ownership and authority to execute the provisions of our preparedness plan. Studio staff, industry best practices, CDC & Minnesota Department of Health Guidelines were essential in developing our protocols. In addition to the items listed below, The Pilates Body has installed state of the art UV air filtration system which both filters the air and kills virus with UV radiation.
Privates/Group Reformer/Ala Cart Classes
- Clients and Staff are asked to stay home if you have a fever or sick.
- Private clients are scheduled to control the exact number of clients in our facility at any time.
- 15 minutes will be scheduled between clients to allow for proper disinfection and minimizing interaction between clients.
- Scheduling all Clients permits Studio staff to plan and execute social distancing guidelines during Client visits (6 ft separation)
- Clients are asked to remain in their vehicles until 5 minutes before their scheduled appointment time
- We request all clients to travel to and from studio separately unless immediate family (i.e. no car pooling)
- All Clients are asked to promptly exit the studio on session completion
- Small Group Ala-Cart Classes will be limited to 4 participants (equipment based) and 6 participants (Non-Equipment Based) to maintain 6 ft separation during class
- Small Group Ala-Cart Class participants will be admitted/released from class individually
- Group Reformer for the month of June will be Pop Up! Group Reformer Classes, and available on a drop in basis, limited to 4 participants with a modified schedule. You can sign up from the class schedule tab
- If Your Are Currently Enrolled In A Group Reformer 6 Week Session: Our current plan is to re-institute the March schedule beginning Monday, July 6th if the situation permits. You will not lose the remaining 5 weeks left in your session and you will be automatically re-booked into your class. The modified 5 week session will run from July 6th thru Saturday August 8th.
- Virtual Classes will continue to be offered. Check the schedule for class times
HAND WASHING/PERSONAL PROTECTION
- Clients and staff will be required to wash hands or use supplied hand sanitizer both on entering the facility and leaving
- Trainers/staff will be required to wash hands before and after each client
- Hand sanitizer will be stationed in every room and will be used between activities
- Masks will be worn by staff (required) and strongly suggested for clients. Clients are encouraged to bring in their own masks
- Masks will be provided for clients on request who do not have one
- Nitrile gloves will be available for both clients and staff
- Reformer covers will be available for purchase
- Antibacterial diffusers will be used during the day throughout the studio
- Individual/personal water bottles are supplied to each client and disposed of after visit. Please refrain from bringing in outside water bottles
- Clients work directly with trainers allowing studio staff to identify and disinfect all equipment clients contacted during visit
- Scheduling all Clients allows sufficient time (15 minutes) between clients for disinfecting and cleaning of contacted items.
- Common areas (bathrooms, foyer) will be disinfected 3 times daily (morning, afternoon, evening)
- Clients are asked to bring a personal item bag suitable for shoes, jacket, purses. Client personal item bag can be placed in a locker or kept in foyer. Personal item bag will supplied to Clients if needed. Socks are required in Studio. Pilates gripper socks are available for purchase. Clients are encouraged to minimize personal items brought into studio